“We each come to meditation with different life experiences and ways of seeing the world. So, the variety of meditative experience is vast, as are the ways that we develop positive qualities such as calm, kindness, and awareness.”
Welcome to the Pine Street Sangha
We meditate in a gentle and accepting way, allowing whatever occurs in our inner worlds to unfold naturally. By recollecting what happens in meditative experiences, we develop awareness and discover our own understanding of the dharma, the teachings of Early Buddhism.
This approach is helpful for people who:
- Have never meditated before.
- Already have an established meditation practice.
- Believe that they cannot meditate.
- Are at an impasse or want more from their meditation practice.
- Value honesty, inquiry, and independence.
- Wish to discover new ways to engage with the dharma.
Explore this website and discover for yourself how you want to become involved with Recollective Awareness Meditation and the Pine Street Sangha.